Bob Unruh reports for WorldNetDaily, March 31, 2010, “Poll Shocker! Majority Wants Obama Records,” that a new poll shows more Americans than ever suspect Obama is hiding information about his own background and want him to come clean.
Fritz Wenzel of Wenzel Strategies in an analysis of his results, wrote:
“Simply put, this question about Obama’s legitimacy as president is undermining everything he does in the minds of millions of Americas. Our latest polling shows a majority of Americans – 55% – want Obama to release all records relating to his childhood and his education, including college records, Harvard Law School papers, passport records, travel records, and other similar documentation.
Asked what should be done should it be found that Obama does not meet the qualifications to be president, 59% said he should be removed from office, and 35% said all bills signed into law by Obama should be repealed.”
Some other findings of the poll:
- When asked about whether Obama’s background documentation – the school records, birth records and others – should be released, the 55% who said yes included more than 82% of the GOP, 55% of independents and nearly 28% of Democrats.
- Another 17.1% of Americans said Obama should release some of his documentation, making it nearly 3 in 4 Americans who want the president to unlock the steel door on some or all of his background information.
- Asked specifically if Americans believe Obama was born in the U.S. to two U.S. citizens – one accepted definition of a “natural born citizen,” as required by the U.S. Constitution for a president – only 38% said yes.
- 52% agreed Obama is hiding something by refusing to release his documentation.
- Asked specifically about their beliefs about the place of Obama’s birth, 39% said they suspect he was not born in the United States.
This belies the efforts of the Obama administration to paint so-called ‘birthers’ as a right-wing fringe group. Even among Democrats, nearly one in four – 22% – said they either suspect he was not born in the U.S. or that they are not sure on the question.
The survey indicates Obama’s orchestrated efforts to marginalize “birthers” who are raising questions about him and his background have failed totally. The fact that only 65% of the members of his own party will agree that he’s been transparent is a “red flag,” the analysis said. Wenzel said:
“When Barack Obama was campaigning for the U.S. presidency, he promised one of the most open and transparent administrations in the history of the country. Sixteen months into his term, a majority of Americans believe he has failed. That a majority of adults nationwide – 56% – said he has not run an open administration is a stern rebuke because there is so much power invested in the office of the presidency. When required, every American citizen produces their birth certificate for a variety of reasons, and it is no big deal. This is why Obama’s refusal to produce his is so baffling – and so troubling – to so many people.”
H/t beloved Fellows Steve & Tina!